search collections
browse collections Up

Greater Patchogue Historical Society

Object Type: Folder
In root of collection



Title
Description
Date

Chapman Brothers Photography Studio

The Swezey family opened its first store in Patchogue in 1894, and the Riverhead store was its first expansion, opening in 1970. In 1983, Swezey's opened a third store, on Route 25A in East Setauket. Then West Babylon came on board 10 years later, and Glen Cove in 2000. In 2001, the flagship store moved to a new location in Patchogue, to a former lace factory on West Main Street. In all, the chain had 291,000 square feet of retail space and 600 employees, 250 of them full-time. The entire Swezey's chain closed in 2003.

Underwood Materials

Weeks End Photos

Powered by Preservica
© Copyright 2021 Long Island University